Saturday, October 27, 2012

Possible Crunchy Lifestyle In The Works

Ive been looking for ways to save on hair and skin care products and I think going crunchy and making my own with everyday house hold stuff will be the best way to do it. I will have to wait till the start of November to pick up the stuff that I need but I think it will be the best. Ive researched and read blog after blog on a few different things that I would love to try and Im still looking into a few others.

I first started looking into hair care alternatives after a big trend of no-poo hit and a few of my friends started doing it and noticed a difference. I would love to ditch the chemicals that are in commercial shampoos, conditioners and styling products so I think this would be great especially since my hair is thick, naturally curl and frizzy. Anyway the no-poo thing is using one cup water mixed with one tablespoon baking soda and used as the 'shampoo' by applying it to the roots and then rest of the hair and then rinsed off. Then you use one cup water mixed with one tablespoon vinegar as the 'conditioner' and apply it to the roots and the rest of the hair and rinsed out. A friend that lives a very crunchy life also used coconut oil as an anti-frizz by applying a small amount to hair and starting at the ends and working up. I know that there is an adjustment time that can last a couple months from the start of this that can make your hair either super oily or dry. I kinda hope that I can make it through the adjustment period lol

There is also another hair thing that I want to try that is kinda a hair mask I guess you could say. This involves two egg yolks, two tablespoons olive oil and then dilute it with a cup of water.Once mixed you massage it into you scalp and let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it out and washing your hair. Its rich in proteins, fatty acid and vitamins which are suppose to make your hair softer, shinier, healthier and easier to grow out.

As for the skin care there are a few things that Im curious about. One facial mask that Im wanting to try is two tablespoons of honey, two tablespoons of nutmeg and two tablespoons of milk. Mix and apply to face in an outward direction and let sit for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off. Its suppose to be good for fighting acne which is something I need during a certain time of the month.

This one Im going to link the page of since there are multiple recipes on it that I want to try. I really want to try the beer for the hair since I have heard only good things about it for years and also the chocolate face mask cause well who doesnt like the idea of chocolate being good for you lol

Anyway well thats only part of the things that I am looking into. There is also a thing called oil pulling that is to be very good for you but im still on the fence about whether or not I really want to try it or not. Anyway thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment